Working with file system
- Folder navigation & file selection
- Getting direct links to service files
- Files & folders manipulation
- Files deletion
- New folder creation
- Moving files between folders
- Quick creation of a file copy
- Quickly renaming a file
- Bulk renaming of files
- Quick image preview
- Uploading files to a service from a PC and vice versa
- Retrieve/change MD5 of files
- Working with archives
Folder navigation & file selection
The structure of the files is similar to that of a normal file system. There is a tree of folders where the files are located. Clicking on a folder opens its contents.
To select files and folders, just click on the checkbox to the left of the file or folder. If you want to select more than one file or folder at a time, you can click the first checkbox, then hold down the SHIFT key and click the last one. All files and folders from the first to the last will be selected. To save time, you don't have to click on a checkbox. Just put the cursor on the row with a file or folder and press SPACE, and the file or folder will be selected as if you clicked on a checkbox.
There are also buttons to quickly select/deselect all files in the directory, as well as to invert the selection. Above there is a choice of file sorting type.
You can also select files and folders by text search in the name (filter). For example, you can select all files or folders with ".jpg" (pictures) in their names. You can add frequently used filters to the panel for quick use as buttons. Then you don't need to enter the text for the filter every time, but just click the button with the desired text.
To prevent accidental selection of files (to avoid possible unintentional deletion), you can lock a folder so that it cannot be selected. To do this, just click on the folder image so that it becomes green. In this case the folder itself cannot be selected, but if you open its contents, you can select files and folders inside it.
If you click again, the folder becomes yellow, with a lock on it. This means that not only the folder itself but also any file or folder inside it cannot be selected.
If you click one more time, the folder returns to normal mode, becomes yellow, and you can select it and all its contents.
Getting direct links to service files
WARNING: To avoid misuse of this feature, a maximum of 10 files can be downloaded at a time. This is equivalent to downloading 10 files in parallel or downloading one file in 10 streams. Connections greater than 10 will be dropped by the service.
Files & folders manipulation
To delete files or folders, just select the files or folders and click on the delete files button.
New folder creation
To create a new folder, press the appropriate button, enter a new name for the folder, then press ENTER.
Moving files between folders
To move or copy files between folders, select the desired files, click the appropriate button, select the destination folder and click "copy" or "move".
Rename copied file if there is already a file with the same name - if there is already a file with the same name when moving or copying, the copied files will be renamed to avoid name conflicts.
Scan and move only files from the selected folders - all selected folders will be scanned and all found files will be moved or copied to the destination
Quick creation of a file copy
To create a quick copy of a file, simply click the copy icon to the right of the desired file and enter a new name for the copy.
Quickly renaming a file
To quickly rename a file or folder, click on the rename button to the right of the file, enter the new name and press ENTER
Bulk renaming of files
- Select the files you want to rename en masse
- Click the "bulk rename" button at the top
- Here you can write a list of texts to be replaced. The found phrases (on the left) will be replaced in the name by another phrase (on the right). If you select the "spintax" option, you can use a special text format to randomize the replacement.
- More options
- A list of bulk renaming profiles, you can create a separate profile for each task
- Here you can quickly edit file names manually
- Use "spintax" to completely replace the file name with it.
A) Use the parent folder name as a prefix for the new file name (if video.mp4 is in the FOLDER folder, the file name will be FOLDER_001.mp4) B) desired prefix to be added before numbering (PREFIX_001.mp4) C) The number from which to begin numbering.
- The file name will be replaced with a random combination of letters and numbers. You can set the number of characters (for example, 8 random characters in the name: "5r8a11yf.jpg")
- Options to convert letters to "lower" or "UPPERCASE", as well as "To Convert First Letters Of Words To Uppercase"
- Leaves only the first letters of the words, removing spaces. For example "Video File.mp4" will be renamed to "VF.mp4"
- Adds the sequential number of the file in the list + underscore character in front of the file name. For example, "Video File.mp4" becomes "1_Video File.mp4", etc.
- Adds an underscore + vertical height + "p" to the end of the file name. For example, "Video File.mp4" becomes "Video File_1080p.mp4".
- Options to remove excess characters on the left or right if you know their number, which can be set beside.
- If during renaming the new file name coincides with the file with the same name in the same folder, you can choose the way to proceed in this situation. Ignore renaming, save under a unique name, overwrite the file.
Quick image preview
Next to the list of files, on the right, there is a panel for previewing images. It can be expanded and collapsed by clicking on it. When you hover your cursor over an image file, a preview of the image will appear.
Uploading files to a service from a PC and vice versa
To connect to the service via FTP you can use the program FileZilla https://filezilla-project.org/
You will need to enter the IP address of the service in the format 126.96.36.199.123 default port 21, and your account username and password. Once connected, you can download and upload files directly from your computer. If you use the program Total commander, you can similarly add FTP connection there.
If you need to quickly download a file in your browser, you can simply right-click on the desired file and select "save as..." from the drop-down menu. (or similar in your browser). Then choose where to save the file and the browser will start downloading.
If you want to upload a small file to the service directly in the browser, go to the "download" tab and use a special button.
There is also an option to connect the FTP service as an ordinary folder in your operating system. This allows you to watch video clips and images directly in Explorer and manipulate the service files with the convenience of normal files on your computer. There are different programs for this purpose, such as FTPDrive and other Alternatives
Retrieve/change MD5 of files
- Select files
- Calculate MD5
- Change the MD5 of the file(s). A random byte will be added to the end of the file, be careful to make sure your media file type is not affected afterwards.
Working with archives
Archiving files in a RAR archive
- Select files
- press the RAR archivation button
- Compression method (the stronger the compression, the longer the archiving will take). Available: "no compression", "fast", "fast", "normal", "good", "maximum".
- Creates a continuous archive
- Checks the archive for integrity after compression
- If you want to create subfolder(s) in the archive first and then place the selected files in them, you can specify here the additional internal path.
- The original files will be deleted after archiving.
- Specify the volume size and the archive will be split into volumes of that size.
- Specify the desired number of archive parts to be split into.
- Restoring information (in case of future archive corruption)
- Password protection
- The file names will also be encrypted.
- Instead of archiving all files in one archive, each file will be separately archived in its own individual archive.
- The commentary of the archive can be read by special tools/viewers.
- A text file with the necessary contents will be added to the inside of the archive.
- Profiles with different archiving settings for different types of tasks.
The peculiarity of archiving at the service is that for archiving files, you need to have free space of the same size as the volume of files that you will be archiving.
- Select the archive(s)
- press the unpack button
- choose the files inside the archive to unpack, otherwise all the files in the archive will be unpacked by default.
- Password for the archive (if necessary)
- After unpacking, the original archive files will be deleted.
- Extracted files will have the same name as the archive, duplicate names will be numbered.
- A folder with the same name as the archive file name will be created and the archive files will be extracted there.
- Select the target folder to unpack.
For multi-volume archives, you do not need to select all the parts, just select one of the parts and run the unpacking, the rest will unpack automatically.
- Select the files.
- Press the "ZIP archive" button.
- Check the box if you do not want to compress files in a ZIP archive.
- Profiles with different ZIP archiving settings for different types of tasks.